I received my Holistic Health Coaching Certification from Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN)
My training at IIN included over 100 different and varied dietary theories and approaches, spanning the differences between Ayurveda, Paleo, Raw, Vegan, Macrobiotics, Gluten Free and more. One of the main concepts that came up and cut through all the theories was a big emphasis on lowering inflammation. I have that as the centerpiece of my practice.
I do place a big lens on the food when we get to that part, and that is out of the love for all things culinary. I have real passion there and that makes it pure joy to work with clients teaching them to think differently about how to prepare meals or even order in for better results. My cookbook is called “For the Love of Food, For the Love of You”, so that should drive that point home.
In school, we were taught innovative coaching methods, and practical lifestyle management techniques, covering organization of everything from structuring your household to how you keep your budget in addition to all of the Nutritional info.
Based out of Los Angeles, where I reside, my practice supports clients by phone, Skype, FaceTime and in-person sessions. I work with people locally as well as around the nation using technology!
In addition to my health coaching and Nutrition, I am a certified Urban Zen Therapist, “UZIT” and I often include some of those modalities (Reikii, Adapted Therapeutic Yoga Therapy, Aromatherapy and Contemplative Care) in my treatments and sessions locally.
Some of the instructors I have had the pleasure of learning from include:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
- John Douillard, DC, CAP, is a globally, recognized leader in the fields of natural health, Ayurveda, and sports medicine, creator of LifeSpa.com
- Donna Gates – Body Ecology M.Ed., ABAAHP, is the international best-selling author of The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity, The Body Ecology Guide to Growing Younger: Anti-Aging Wisdom for Every Generation
- Dr Frank Lipman Founder and director of the Eleven Eleven Wellness Center in New York City, Dr Frank Lipman is a pioneer and internationally recognized expert in the fields of Integrative and Functional Medicine.
- Dr Christiane Northrup Christiane Northrup, M.D., is a visionary pioneer and a leading authority in the field of women’s health and wellness,. Internationally known for her empowering approach to women’s health and wellness.
- Mark Sisson – The Daily Apple “Primal Blueprint”
American fitness author and blogger, and a former distance runner, triathlete and Ironman competitor. Founded The Daily Apple” and The Primal Blueprint, launching the organization into a full-service diet, exercise and health education operation.
- Dr Daniel Amen MDDr. Amen is a physician, double board certified psychiatrist and nine-time New York Times bestselling author. He is the Founder and CEO of Amen Clinics.